Monday 4 October 2010

More Theatre and New Friends: Part II

Greenwich





We took a boat across the Thames River to Greenwich.












And Gertie got to steer the boat because she's so adorable!












This was one of the first things we saw when we got there. Apparently I'm a burlesque dancer. Who'd have thought?











pretty pretty pretty


PRETTY PRETTY PRETTY








This is my pal Sam -- she's one of my best friends on this trip! I also really enjoy Mark Montgomery creeping up behind us ;)


























We went to the place where time originates from. The red ball at the top of that building moves up and down the pole every hour.














Here I am straddling the Prime Meridian. I'm in two places at once!







The keeper of time (imagine that in a really deep, theatrical voice).











I figured now would be a good time to post some pictures of just hanging out around London and introduce you all to some of my friends here.

The redhead on the left is Deborah, one of my flatmates. Sam is on the right, and she lives just down the street from me (the boys in the boat picture I posted above are some of her flatmates). We were just chilling in the student lounge at school in-between classes.

These are some of the people living in Nido, which is a dorm room sort of situation a little farther away from where I live. They came over to hang out at our flat because we have much more room! Gertie is all the way to the left, Tatyana is in the middle, and Devin is on the right.

The rest of the family! Alex is my roommate, and Susannah lives with Deb.

These are our British friends, Kier and Stuart. They work as "detectives" at the Sherlock Holmes museum next door to us. We pass by them every day, so we decided to befriend them!

P.S. Stuart "fancies" me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment