Friday 27 August 2010

The Beginning: 241 Baker Street

My adventure begins! I arrived at my lovely London flat Tuesday morning. If you look at the picture closely you can see that my door is right next door to the Sherlock Holmes Museum. However, I also realized that my flat is actually RIGHT UNDERNEATH the museum! When I arrive home each day, I often have to struggle through a small crowd to get inside, and people look really impressed when I put my key in the door right next to Sherlock Holmes -- it makes me feel pretty cool ;)


Anyway, Sherlock is a pretty big deal on this block, so much so that the tube stop down the street is decorated just for him. There are stickers of his profile smoking a pipe ALL over the place. There are also a lot of Sherlock-themed restaurants and cafes around the area.



Once I found my flat, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that it is huge! Seriously, it's twice as big as I was expecting: two couches, a futon, various lounge chairs, a bathroom the size of a dorm single, etc.
This is a picture of one of our two living rooms. This one is connected to our kitchen which contains a washer/dryer and a dishwasher.

Our other living room has the other couch, the futon, another television and a desk/bookshelf area.
I have to say, my favorite part by far is my bed. While I do have a roommate, I have a queen-sized bed (and it is SO very comfy) As you can see in the picture, I also have a big glass door set (which lets in lots of happy sunlight) that leads out to a small patio area. SCORE.

No comments:

Post a Comment